Monday, January 26, 2009

Sacred Hearts



One of the first things I wanted to work on this year is my Sacred Heart collection.
The idea of eternal love is so romantic, I can hardly stand it! (in a good way)

I love to make my heart have a lot of definition. They are never just flat or round. They swell...


The largest one in the middle has a spiny heart feel to it. I could see Ozzy wearing this one. It is almost 2 1/2 inches from top to bottom and the heart itself is over an inch long and wide.


The one on the left is the first sacred heart that I used LOS on. I finished off most of the oxidization, but gave the flame a kind of smokey look. This flame is more abstract than the others. I like it because it almost looks like a flower of some sort.
Heather actually made a flame look like this one a few years ago, so I can't take the credit for the rockin' design.

(A funny thing about Heather's waxes, she rarely works with the wax, but when she does, the designs always are sweet, silly and wicked cool.)

The last one on the right, I think, is my favorite. This one may not make it out of the private collection. The flame on this one really has movement. Pictures can't show how this heart has that subtle swell that I was talking about, that the flame dips in places, like it just got caught in the wind. Yea, mine all mine....maybe...


Well here they are. My first 3 sacred hearts of 2009.
They are BIG and shiny and will hold on to your secrets of love for you.

Check out our whole collection at www.twigsandheather.com

Handmade in Boston.

No comments: