Tell us about other kinds of art and craft you do. What other media do you work and play with? How often do you get to create? Does it relate to or inspire your metalworking?
Heather and I love to make things. It's always been in us.
Before we started Twigs and Heather, I (Kerry Alice)spent many an hour sewing. I've made pocket books, pillows, GIANT pillows, and dresses. I still pull out my sewing machine on and off, but I think everyone in my family has a pillow made by me by now (and a giant pillow). My mom has one of my favorites, a 4 foot patchwork cactus pillow.
Heather is great with projects with the girls. She is an excellent sketcher and can draw the most intricate, sweet, whimsy scenes when she makes the time (where does all the time go!). We both have been dabbling in driftwood sculptures lately.
The craftin' really never stops in this house. If there's a major holiday or birthday around the corner, the craftin' is ON! Handmade cards, wreaths, lawn art, you name it, we love to make it.
I think our inspirations (nature, love, the changing of seasons, the craziness of life, rebellion,) are poured into everything we do and create. Heather will put birch bark on virtually anything and I will try to make anything look like a goofy monster or skullhead) - K Alice
|K Alice and Pumkin man|
|pan sized crayon!|
Check out the other EtsyMetal members participating in this weeks blog carnival
1. kate jones - http://www.katejonesdesign.blogspot.com
2. kathryn cole - http://www.kathryncolejewelry.blogspot.com
3. 2Roses - http://www.JewelryTutorial.blogspot.com
4. Twigs and Heather - http://www.twigsandheather.blogspot.com
5. Erin Austin - http://www.metalmusing.blogspot.com
6. Thomasin Durgin - http://metalriot.blogspot.com
7. Nodeform - http://nodeform.blogspot.com
8. Beth Cyr - http://bcyrjewelry.blogspot.com
9. stacey hansen - http://wildflowerdesigns.blogspot.com
10. Nina Gibson - http://ninagibsondesigns.blogspot.com/
11. elizabeth scott - http://esdesignsjewelry.com/blog
12. Evelyn Markasky - http://markasky.blogspot.com
13. Amanda Conley - http://amandaconley.blogspot.com
14. Jenny Baughman - http://ridgeschool.blogspot.com/
15. Catherine Chandler - http://catherinechandler.blogspot.com/